Antoine Leclercq presented his experience with building a background job processor from scratch.
"What is a background job processor? How does it work? Working with Rails, and using background job tools (such as Sidekiq) left me with these unanswered questions… As a remedy I decided to build one from scratch! What better way to learn and understand than by doing?
In my presentation I will talk about the following topics:
• building a background job processor from scratch
• working with concurrency and parallelism
• performance considerations of multithreading vs creating multiple processes
• what queueing system to use and why
• the impact of using JRuby with such a tool
Melissa is the Founder of RubyThursday and co-organizer of the Ruby Roundtable meetup. Signup for her weekly updates here.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form :(